Thursday, August 6, 2009

Why do You make Art Quilts????


Duke University has many Art quilts hanging all over the Clinic building and the hospital...After having spent the last 3 years there with my hubby, I never noticed changes in any of them...I would go and visit them when I was having a bad moment just looking at them made me feel better...so if that is a reason to create something for them please do ...Art quilts don't glare at you they invite you in the rich colors and textures...they let you let them into your soul when times are bad . There are 3 at Duke I remember the most...one was a large raw applique of suedes and silkes and various fabs...in sagey greens it reminded me of the mountains I wanted and needed to be instead of the sterile place I was forced to be in because my sweet hubby was fighting cancer.

Sorry but I just want everyone to know art quilts in medical facilities have more meaning than you know.

I would like everyone to visit this post and leave a comment as to why they make Art Quilts .. I am just suddenly very curious....in return I will send everyone who posts a Fabric Postcard or ATC your choice. I really want to hear you..

To get the PC or ATC email your snail mail address to Iseasunrises@aol.com

Thanks and have a day ull of blessings, miracles and dreams



Not all of us can be Cinderella , But some of us can be Fairy Godmothers

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a message we would love to hear wwhat you think